Friday 2 December 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Savage bass player (Def Leppard - "Hysteria" and Nicholas Dingley alias Razzle.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Sundowners, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while How I Made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winston Churchill: The Valiant Years.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1960 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Rick Savage bass player (Def Leppard - "Hysteria": "Rock of Ages").
- Nicholas Dingley alias Razzle: British drummer (Hanoi Rocks) (d. 1984).
- Rick Savage: Bassist.
- Razzle : English musician and drummer (Hanoi Rocks) (Born 1960).
- Justus von Dohnányi: German actor director and screenwriter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jackie Wilson - Alone At Last
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?