Thursday 22 December 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Basquiat and Mark Brydon.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Pomp And Circumstance by Noel Coward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 December 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Jean-Michel Basquiat: American painter and graffiti artist (Born 1960).
- Mark Brydon: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Moloko Chakk and Krush).
- Patrick Fitzgerald: American attorney, a prosecutor who was named Special Counsel by the U.S.
- Luther Campbell: American rapper and actor (2 Live Crew).
- Wakin Chau: Hong Kong-Taiwanese singer-songwriter and actor (Superband).
- Luther Campbell (Luke): American rap artist (2 Live Crew).
- Tyrell Biggs in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; super heavyweight boxer (Olympics-gold-1984).
- Ninian Comper: Sir John Ninian Comper was a Scottish-born architect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?