Wednesday 28 December 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chad McQueen and Zane William Smith.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Porter Wagoner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 December 1960 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Chad McQueen: American noted family, the son of actor Steve McQueen and dancer Neile Adams.
- Zane William Smith
- Ray Bourque: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Raymond Bourque in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL defenseman (Team Canada, Boston Bruins).
- Zane Smith in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; pitcher (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Dwight Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season, 1982-83.
- Zane Smith: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Atlanta Braves.
- Claude Tchamitchian: French jazz double bass player and composer of Armenian origin.
- James Caan: Pakistani-English businessman founded Hamilton Bradshaw.
- Robert Chew: American actor (d. 2013).
- Melvin Turpin: American basketball player (d. 2010).
- Marty Roe: Lebanon, Ohio -- Singer (Diamond Rio-Meet in the Middle).
- Marty Roe in Lebanon: Ohio, USA; singer (Diamond Rio - "Meet in the Middle").
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?