Tuesday 20 December 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Piet Keur and Carolyn Seaward in Devonshire.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Ballad of a Soldier, directed by Grigoriy Chukhray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Piet Keur: Dutch soccer player / trainer (SC Heerenveen, AZ).
- Carolyn Seaward in Devonshire: England; Miss United Kingdom (1979).
- Nalo Hopkinson: Jamaican-Canadian author and educator.
- Kim Ki-duk: South Korean director producer and screenwriter.
- National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam is formed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 December 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?