Monday 26 December 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terri Garber in Miami and Christian Muller.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Decision At Delphi by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Porter Wagoner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1960 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Terri Garber in Miami: Florida, USA; actress (Leslie Carrington - Dynasty).
- Christian Muller: German footballer.
- Tina Wesson Winner of Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Meera: Indian saint, born in poverty.
- Temuera Morrison: New Zealand actor.
- Keith Ball: American mathematician and academic
- Ruud Kaiser: Dutch footballer and manager
- Jim Toomey: American syndicated cartoonist
- Cem Uzan: Turkish businessman and politician
- Do Re Mi opens at St. James Theater NYC for 400 performances
- Musical Do re mi with Phil Silvers premieres in New York City
- Philadelphia Eagles beat Green Bay Packers 17-13 in NFL championship game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?