Saturday 31 December 1960, NewYear’s Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Allen Muhammad and Broderick Dyke.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Politics Of Upheaval by Arthur Schlesinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Westinghouse Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1960 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- John Allen Muhammad: American spree killer (d. 2009).
- Broderick Dyke: in Australia; tennis star.
- John Muhammad: American terrorist suspect, John Allen Muhammad (aka John Allen Williams, aka John Allen Muhammad).
- Steve Bruce: English football player & manager.
- The farthing coin ceases to be legal tender in the United Kingdom.
- Last day on which the farthing, a coin first minted in England in the 13th century, is legal tender in the United Kingdom.
- Beginning in 1959, Argentina suffers economic recession.
- World population: 3,021,475,001
- Africa: 277,398,000
- Asia: 1,701,336,000
- Europe: 604,401,000
- Latin-America: 218,300,000
- Northern America: 204,152,000
- Oceania: 15,888,000
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?