Thursday 2 February 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Guerlain and Ayn Rand.
Wonderful Beehive, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while Nedra George by Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1905 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Jean-Pierre Guerlain: French perfumer, who died on 12 December 1996.
- Ayn Rand: Russian-born American writer, author of "Atlas Shrugged" and other philosophical novels based on her philosphy that she called "Objectivism.
- Olive Rublee: American astrologer; joined AFA September 1963.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1905 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Nellie Melba - Good-bye
- Runaway Motor Car - Billy Murray
- The Transformation Scene from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Len Spencer
- My Cozy Corner Girl - Harry Macdonough
- Sweet Thoughts of Home - Harry Macdonough
- Love's Old Sweet Song - Corrine Morgan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?