Wednesday 1 February 1905US date format: 2/1/1905, UK date format: 1/2/1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cesare Fantoni and Ernst Carl.
Over the Hedge, directed by Tim Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1905!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1905 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ernst Carl: Gerlach Stueckelberg.
- Cesare Fantoni: Italian film actor who appeared in 73 films between 1939 and 1962.
- George Preuser: American astrologer, a member of AFA from July 1953.
- Emilio Segre: Italy Scientist.
- Joan Morgan: English actress (d. 2004).
- Emilio Segrè: Italian-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1989).
- Oswald Aschenbach German painter: dies at age 77.
- Hague soccer team ADO forms.
- Hungarian premier Tisza resigns.