Friday 2 February 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carol MacElvoy and Metin Arditi.
The House of Fear, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1945 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Carol MacElvoy: American newscaster who delivered television news through the use of sign language.
- Metin Arditi
- Ronnie Goodson: Rocker.
- Robert Atzorn: German actor.
- John Eatwell: Baron Eatwell English economist and academic.
- Kerem Yılmazer: Turkish actor and singer (d. 2003).
- Alfred Delp: German Jesuit priest, member of the German resistance (Born 1907).
- Carl Friedrich Goerdeler: German politician, member of the German resistance (Born 1884).
- Karl F Goerdeler: mayor (Leipzig)/"July 20th plot", hanged at age 60.
- Johannes Popitz: Prussian finance minister, member of the German resistance (Born 1884).
- Escape attempt at Mauthausen concentration camp.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Three Caballeros - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night of the Week) - Frank Sinatra
- I'm Beginning To See The Light - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- A Little on the Lonely Side - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Don't Fence Me In - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters