Monday 2 June 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Wheaton and Kurt Abbott.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Once Upon a Time in the West, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Cash Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1969 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- David Wheaton: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Tennis star (1987 US junior boys).
- Kurt Abbott: American baseball player.
- Cy Chadwick: English actor and producer.
- Leo Gorcey: American actor (Born 1917).
- Australian aircraft carrier Melbourne slices US destroyer Frank E Evans in half, killing 74 (South Vietnam)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?