Monday 23 June 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elbert Ellis and Martin Klebba.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1969 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Elbert Ellis: NFL wide receiver (Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers).
- Martin Klebba: American actor producer and stuntman.
- French government of Couve de Murville resigns
- Joe Frazier beats Jerry Quarry for the heavyweight boxing title.
- Warren E. Burger is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court by retiring Chief Justice Earl Warren.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Desmond Dekker & the Aces - Israelites
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?