Sunday 8 June 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Rogers Jr and Laurel Martin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Movie, directed by Andy Warhol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Cash Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1969 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Glenn Rogers Jr: CFL defensive back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Laurel Martin: Hummelstown, Pennsylvania -- Field hockey forward (1996 Olympics).
- JP Manoux: American actor.
- David Barnhill: Australian rugby player and coach.
- J Manoux: American-Canadian actor and director.
- Robert Taylor: American actor who made over 70 films in 35 years.
- Smothers Brothers comedy Hour, last airs on CBS-TV
- 21st Emmy Awards: Get Smart, Don Adams and Susan St. James
- Brian Jones leaves The Rolling Stones
- KDNL TV channel 30 in Saint Louis, MO (IND) begins broadcasting
- Mickey Mantle Day, 60,096 saw #7 retired (I was there-BTG)
- Nixon says 25,000 US troops would leave Vietnam by end of August
- Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor replaces Brian Jones
- Susie Berning wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open
- In Santa Monica, California, and New York, New York, the 21st Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Bill Cosby (Los Angeles) and Merv Griffin (New York).
- U.S. President Richard Nixon and South Vietnamese President Nguyen Van Thieu meet at Midway Island. Nixon announces that 25,000 U.S. troops will be withdrawn by September.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?