Saturday 7 June 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lachlan Elmer and Mark Sohn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Movie, directed by Andy Warhol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Arms Of Krupp by William Manchester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Cash Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1969 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Lachlan Elmer: Australian field hockey halfback (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mark Sohn: Arlington Heights, Illinois -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics).
- Prince Joachim: of Denmark.
- Joachim : Danish royal family, the second son of Queen Margrethe II.
- Kim Rhodes: Soap Opera Actress.
- Leo Gorcey: American actor and singer (d. 1969).
- Johnny Cash Show, debuts on ABC-TV
- 101st Belmont: Braulio Baeza aboard Arts and Letters wins in 2:28.8
- Tommy James and Shondells release Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Washingston Senators draft Jeff Burroughs #1
- Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash combine on a Grand Ole Opry TV special.
- The rock supergroup Blind Faith play its debut gig in front of 100,000 people in London's Hyde Park.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?