Sunday 15 June 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jesse Belanger and Sheldon Kennedy.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Carry on Camping, directed by Gerald Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1969 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Jesse Belanger: Saint Georges, Quebec -- NHL center (Vancouver Canucks).
- Sheldon Kennedy: Brandon -- NHL right wing (Calgary Flames).
- Cedric Pioline: French tennis player.
- Oliver Kahn: German soccer/football player, a goalkeeper.
- Cédric Pioline: French tennis player, professional since 1989.
- Ice Cube: American rapper and actor
- Jesse Bélanger: Canadian ice hockey player
- Nasos Galakteros: Greek basketball player
- Jeff Neal: American drummer (Boston)
- Maurice Odumbe: Kenyan cricketer
- Hee Haw with Roy Clark and Buck Owens premieres on CBS TV
- 69th US Golf Open: Orville Moody shoots a 281 at Champs Golf Club - Houston, Texas
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Patty Berg Golf Classic
- Mets help their power needs by adding 1st baseman Donn Clendenon
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Three Dog Night - One
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?