Sunday 2 June 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Briand and Beetlejuice .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1968 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Anne Briand: French biathlon athlete.
- Beetlejuice : American radio personality.
- Andy Cohen: TV Show Host.
- Jon Culshaw: English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Jason Falkner: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Jellyfish The Grays and The Three O'Clock).
- Andre Mathieu: Quebec pianist and composer (Born 1929).
- Canadians must get government permission to export silver
- WBLG (now WTVQ) TV channel 62 in Lexington, KY (ABC) 1st broadcast
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?