Wednesday 2 March 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Lewis and Donald Schwall.
Child Bride, directed by Harry J. Revier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1938 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Alan Lewis: English textile factory / multi-millionaire.
- Donald Schwall: baseball player (1961 American League rookie of year).
- Simon Estes in Centerville: Iowa, USA; bass/baritone (Wonton, Don Carlos).
- Ricardo Lagos: Chilean economist lawyer and politician 33rd President of Chile.
- Lawrence Payton: American singer-songwriter and producer (Four Tops) (d. 1997).
- Ben Harney: American composer and pianist (Born 1871).
- Trials of Soviet leaders begins in the Soviet Union.
- Landslides and floods in Los Angeles, California, USA cause over 200 deaths.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?