Friday 16 December 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Liv Ullmann and Michael Greer in Durham.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1938
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 16 December 1938. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Liv Ullmann: Norwegian actress born in Tokyo who became an outstanding dramatic actress of Swedish and international films, winning a New York Film Critics Award for "Crime And Whispers," 1972 and adding Hollywood films after 1973.
- Michael Greer in Durham: North Carolina, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- Kenneth Macke: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Dayton Hudson, a large retailing chain.
- Frank Deford: American journalist and author.
- Bradman scores 143 South Australia vs. NSW, 11 fours 91 singles
- Adolf Hitler institutes the Cross of Honor of the German Mother
- MGM releases its successful film version of Charles Dickens's ''A Christmas Carol''. The film is originally intended to star Lionel Barrymore as Ebenezer Scrooge, but Barrymore, ill with arthritis, is replaced by Reginald Owen.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra