Saturday 5 March 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred "Hammer" Williamson in Gary and Anthony Aveni.
Jezebel, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1938 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Fred "Hammer" Williamson in Gary: Indiana, USA; NFL player (Kansas City Chiefs), actor (Julia).
- Anthony Aveni: American academic anthropologist, astronomer, and author, noted in particular for his extensive publications and leading contributions to the field of archaeoastronomy.
- Vincent Bioulès: French painter, living in his hometown Montpellier.
- Pierre Péan: French investigative journalist and author of many books concerned with political scandals.
- Mike Walsh: Australian television host and producer, a magnetic and cheeky theatrical entrepreneur, Walsh was the undisputed king of Australian daytime TV in the 1970s and early 1980s.
- Paul Evans: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Lynn Margulis: American biologist and academic (d. 2011)
- Fred Williamson: American football player actor director producer and screenwriter
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?