Tuesday 15 March 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Higgins and James Hofeinz.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Byng-Ho!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1938 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Dick Higgins: Composer.
- James Hofeinz: American politician, mayor of houston, texas.
- Charles Lloyd: American musician, a jazz flutist and saxophonist, the leader of the popular jazz group, the "Charles Lloyd Quartet" during the late ‘60s.
- Soviet Union announces officially that Nikholai Bukharin has been executed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?