Thursday 31 March 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathaniel Taylor in Saint Louis and John Jakes in Chicago.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1938!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1938 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Nathaniel Taylor in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Rollo - Sanford and Son).
- John Jakes in Chicago: Illinois, USA; writer (Sir Scoundrel, Great Women Reporters).
- Arthur B Rubinstein: American composer.
- David Steel: Scottish politician, a member of Parliament and leader of the Liberal Party.
- Patrick Bateson: English biologist and academic.
- Sheila Dikshit: Indian politician 22nd Governor of Kerala
- Antje Gleichfeld: German runner
- Joel Godard: American television announcer
- Bill Hicke: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 2005)
- Tõnno Lepmets: Estonian basketball player (d. 2005)
- Michiko Nomura: Japanese voice actress
- Arthur Rubinstein: American pianist composer and conductor (The Beepers)
- Willem J T Kloos: Dutch Poet / critic (New Guide), dies at 78.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?