Wednesday 2 March 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stevie Rachelle and Judith Wiesner in Hallein.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1966 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Stevie Rachelle: rock vocalist (Tuff-What Comes Around Goes Around).
- Judith Wiesner in Hallein: Austria; tennis star (1994 Schenectady).
- Simon Reevell: English lawyer and politician.
- 215,000 US soldiers in Vietnam
- Kwame Nkrumah arrives in Guinea and is granted asylum.
- Canadian Pacific Airlines Flight 402 crashes while landing at Tokyo International Airport in Japan, killing 64 of 72 persons on board.
- In an interview with ''London Evening Standard'' reporter Maureen Cleave, John Lennon of The Beatles states that they are ampquotmore popular than Jesus nowampquot.
- BOAC Flight 911 crashes in severe clear-air turbulence over Mount Fuji near Tokyo, Japan, killing all 124 persons on board.
- A massive theft of nuclear materials is revealed in Brazil.
- ''Merci Chérie'' by Udo Jürgens (music by Udo Jürgens, text by Udo Jürgens and Thomas Hörbiger) wins the Eurovision Song Contest 1966 for Austria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?