Saturday 12 March 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erich Fischer in Dinuba and Alecia Stephenson in North Vancouver.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while A Thousand Days by Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching En famille.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1966 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Erich Fischer in Dinuba: California, USA; US Olympics water polo forward (Olympics-1992).
- Alecia Stephenson in North Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; softball shortstop (Olympics-1996).
- Grant Long NBA forward (Detroit Pistons: Atlanta Hawks).
- John Thompson III: American basketball coach.
- Grant Long: American basketball player; Forward, Pistons.
- Akemi Okamura: Japanese voice actress
- Estelita Rodriguez: Actor (Golden Stallion, Susanna Pass), dies at 37.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Jockey Johnny Longden retires after 40 years (6,032 wins).
- Suharto takes over from Sukarno to become President of Indonesia.
- Bobby Hull of the Chicago Blackhawks sets the NHL single season scoring record against the New York Rangers, with his 51st goal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?