Wednesday 16 March 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Nascimento and Catarina Pollini.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geheimagent Tegtmeier.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1966 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- David Nascimento: Soccer player (Roda JC / FC Utrecht).
- Catarina Pollini: WNBA forward (Houston Comets).
- Brad Bergen in Prince Albert: Saskatchewan, Canada; hockey defenseman (Team Germany 1998).
- Hans Peter Geerdes: German musician (Scooter).
- Rodney Peete: American athlete, quarter back.
- HP Baxxter: German singer-songwriter (Scooter and Celebrate the Nun)
- Gemini 8 launched with Armstrong and Scott; aborted after 6.5 orbits.
- Man From Uncle star David McCallum receives huge welcome in London
- Launch of Gemini 8, the 12th manned American space flight and first space docking with the Agena Target Vehicle.
- ''Gemini 8'' (David Scott, Neil Armstrong) docks with an Agena target vehicle.
- More anti-communist demonstrations occur in Indonesia.
- Off the coast of Spain in the Mediterranean, the ''DSV Alvin'' submarine finds a missing American hydrogen bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?