Tuesday 8 March 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Holly Ann Salo in Keani and Laura McCabe.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1966 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Holly Ann Salo in Keani: Alaska, USA; Miss Alaska-America (1990).
- Laura McCabe: cross country skier (Olympics-1994).
- Elliot Boult in Blenheim: New Zealand; Australasia golfer.
- Gregory Barker: English politician.
- Jaime Levy: American computer scientist and academic.
- Golden Boy closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 569 performances
- Casey Stengel elected to US baseball Hall of Fame.
- A bomb planted by young Irish protesters destroys Nelson's Pillar in Dublin.
- The US Mint releases copper-nickel clad 1965-dated dimes, and silver-copper-nickel clad half dollar coins into circulation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?