Tuesday 1 March 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John David Cullum and Steve Reed in Los Angeles.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1966 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- John David Cullum: Actor (1776, Sweet Country, Day After).
- Steve Reed in Los Angeles: California, USA; pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Clinton Gregory: singer.
- Ted Hennessey: American management consultant for Emergence Consulting.
- Delphine Vigan: French writer, novelist, widely known for "Nothing holds back the night".
- Stacey Wolf: American psychic featured in Paulette Cooper's book "The 100 Top Psychics in America" as the youngest person in the collection. Stacey is also known as the "generation X" psychic and her own first book was released October 1998, "Stacey Wolf's Psychic Living." An attractive blonde with full hair stylishly coiffed, she has appeared on many TV shows including an interview with Barbara Walters. She did a national book tour for her first publication.
- Zack Snyder: Director
- Paul Hollywood: Chef
- Susan Auch: Canadian speed skater
- Fritz Houtermans: Polish-German physicist and academic (d. 1966).
- Venera 3 becomes 1st man-made object to impact on a planet (Venus)
- Venera 3 Soviet space probe crashes on Venus becoming the first spacecraft to land on another planet's surface.
- The Ba'ath Party takes power in Syria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You
- The Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?