Wednesday 30 March 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joey Castillo and Efstratios Grivas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1966 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Joey Castillo: American drummer and songwriter (Queens of the Stone Age Eagles of Death Metal Danzig Sugartooth and Zilch).
- Efstratios Grivas: Greek chess grandmaster and author.
- Dmitry Volkov: Russian swimmer.
- Leonid Voloshin: Russian triple jumper.
- Barbra Streisand stars on Color Me Barbra special on CBS
- Maxfield Parrish, American artist (Born 1870)
- The US Mint releases first 1965-dated copper-nickel clad Roosevelt dimes to circulation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?