Sunday 2 May 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lorie and Timothy Benjamin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Lady Chatterley's Lover, directed by Just Jaeckin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bird of Prey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crazy Climber or Astro Chase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1982 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Lorie : French teenager singer becoming TV actress, sometimes presented as the French "soft" version of Britney Spears.
- Timothy Benjamin: Welsh sprinter.
- Johan Botha: South African cricketer.
- Falklands War: Argentine cruiser General Belgrano sunk by British submarine Conqueror, killing more than 350 men
- The Weather Channel (United States) airs on cable television for the first time.
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Birmingham Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 May 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Huey Lewis and the News - Do You Believe In Love
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?