Saturday 29 May 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ana Barros and Elyas M'Barek.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Poltergeist, directed by Tobe Hooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mine Storm or Barnstorming.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1982 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Ana Barros: Brazilian model known for her multiple appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and for her work with Intimissimi, Guess?, bebe, Victoria's Secret, Chanel cosmetics, and Jennifer Lopez's JLO fashion line.
- Elyas M'Barek: Movie Actor.
- Ailyn : Spanish singer-songwriter (Sirenia).
- Joanne Borgella: American singer and model (d. 2014).
- Anita Briem: Icelandic actress.
- Nataliya Dobrynska: Ukrainian heptathlete
- Matt Macri: American baseball player
- Kim Tae-kyun: South Korean baseball player
- Romy Schneider: German actress, internationally known, having made her screen debut at the age of 14.
- I Know What Boys Like, by The Waitresses hits #62
- 1st papal visit to Britain since 1531
- Pentagon plans 1st strategy to fight a nuclear war
- US Pentagon plans first strategy to fight a nuclear war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?