Tuesday 18 May 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric West and Samuel Sené.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chopper Command or Entombed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1982 ?
- Eric West: American actor and singer.
- Samuel Sené: French pianist and orchestra conductor, and the youngest student awarded a baccalauréat in France (at the age of 14), and who earned a PhD in Mathematics at the age of 19.
- Jason Brown: English footballer.
- Marie-Ève Pelletier: Canadian tennis player.
- Tigers outfielder Larry Herndon is 14th to hit 4 consecutive HRs
- Unification Church founder Reverend Sun Myung Moon convicted of tax evasion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
- Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?