Tuesday 2 May 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ask a Bag Pirate: The Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Wii Sports or Asphalt 3: Street Rules.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 May 2006 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 May
- Nepal's new cabinet is unveiled. (New York Times)
- German hostages René Bräunlich and Thomas Nitzschke are freed. Both were taken hostage in Iraq on January 24, 2006. (BBC)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi officially hands in his resignation to President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi. Berlusconi was defeated by Romano Prodi in the April 9-10 elections, but Ciampi has asked him to remain in office, ampquotfor the handling of current affairsampquot. ''(Corriere)''
- Newly elected President Evo Morales orders the nationalization of Bolivia's gas industry. This process is a result of his plan to nationalize major industries, he said in his election campaign. Further nationalizations are planned in forestry and mining. (BBC)
- The thieves of the famous Edvard Munch paintings ''The Scream ''and ''Madonna'' are sentenced to four and eight years in prison. (BBC)
- The ECHL team, the Alaska Aces defeat the Las Vegas Wranglers in triple overtime to win the series 4-2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 May 2006
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Hamburg : 0 - 1
- Hannover - Dortmund : 1 - 2
- Hertha - Leverkusen : 1 - 5
- Nurnberg - M'gladbach : 5 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Siegen : 3 - 0
- Burghausen - Paderborn : 5 - 1
- Saarbrucken - Offenbach : 0 - 4
- Unterhaching - Munich 1860 : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Rochdale - Carlisle : 0 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackburn - Chelsea : 1 - 0
- Dundee United - Dunfermline : 0 - 1
- Hibernian - Rangers : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?