Saturday 6 May 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sadie Sandler .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Poseidon, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Oakdale Confidential by Anonymous was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching High Hopes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crayon Shin-chan: Strongest Family in Kasukabe King Wii or Anno 1701.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2006 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- The People's Republic of China announces Vatican-approved Paul Pei Junmin will be ordained as a Catholic bishop on Sunday, just days after a diplomatic clash due to the unilateral ordination of two other bishops by Beijing. (Reuters)
- Mahamat Nouri, until recently the Chadian ambassador to Saudi Arabia, who has previously served as the Chadian Defense Minister, defects to Sudan and joins the United Front for Democratic Change rebels. (Reuters)
- The People's Action Party is returned to government in Singapore for the twelfth time, winning 82 out of 84 seats with the ruling party winning 66.6% of the total votes in the 2006 general election. (CNA)
- The starboard engine of the cruise liner ''The Calypso'', sailing from Tilbury to St Peter Port on Guernsey, catches fire at 4 am, 16 miles off Eastbourne, southeast of the British coast. Its crew puts the fire out, after its 708 passengers are moved into its lifeboats. Rescue lifeboats attend but neither these nor the ship's lifeboats are needed. (Yahoo News).
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 May 2006
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Duisburg : 0 - 2
- Dortmund - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Hamburg : 4 - 2
- Kaiserslautern - Bayern Munich : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Espanol : 2 - 0
- Malaga - Sevilla : 0 - 2
- Valencia - Ath Madrid : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Albacete : 1 - 2
- Castellon - Murcia : 2 - 1
- Numancia - Elche : 3 - 1
- Sp Gijon - Eibar : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Le Mans - Lens : 0 - 0
- Lille - Lyon : 4 - 0
- Marseille - Strasbourg : 2 - 2
- Nancy - Auxerre : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- T.I. - What You Know
- Mary J. Blige - Be Without You
- Busta Rhymes - Touch It
- Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It - Dem Franchize Boyz Featuring Lil Peanut & Charlay
- Unpredictable - Jamie Foxx Featuring Ludacris
- Sean Paul - Temperature
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Kirk Franklin - Looking For You
- Shawnna - Gettin' Some
- Avant - 4 Minutes
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?