Sunday 14 May 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bluebell Halliwell .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Red Road, directed by Andrea Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Oakdale Confidential by Anonymous was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching High Hopes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Sports Quiz or Caesar IV.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2006 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Bluebell Halliwell: British noted family, the daughter of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell and journalist/director Sacha Gervasi.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict:
- The IDF killed Elias al-Ashkar, the senior Islamic Jihad commander in the Jenin area who was accused of planning several suicide attacks that killed nearly 30 people, including US high-school student Daniel Wultz. Six other Palestinians were also killed. (Miami Herald)
- The Israeli Navy intercepted a Palestinian boat carrying a large amount of explosives near the Gaza Strip in an attempted smuggling operation. The boat contained about 450 kg of TNT and parts of mines. (Israel MFA)
- Ahmat Mahamat Bachir, the president of the Chadian Independent National Election Commission, announces that incumbent President of Chad Idriss Déby won the 2006 Chadian presidential election held on May 3 with 77.5% of the vote. The official turnout was 61%, though international observers estimated turnout at 4ndash10%. (Al Jazeera)
- Organized crime led by the group Primeiro Comando da Capital causes rioting in Brazil and claims over 50 lives. (BBC)
- Mount Merapi in Central Java, Indonesia, which has been rumbling for about a month, is shooting out black smoke, volcanic ash and lava, and a volcanic eruption appears to be imminent. Mandatory evacuations are under way. (Reuters)
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Tony Blair, signs a petition in support of animal testing and condemns the acts of animal-rights extremists. (BBC)
- Seven people are wounded as two bombs explode in the Iranian city of Kermanshah. A local branch of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) claimed responsibility. (Reuters)
- Alligators kill three women in one week in separate incidents across the U.S. state of Florida.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 May 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Inter : 2 - 2
- Chievo - Fiorentina : 0 - 2
- Empoli - Ascoli : 1 - 2
- Lazio - Parma : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Offenbach : 1 - 0
- Burghausen - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Cottbus - Munich 1860 : 3 - 1
- Erzgebirge Aue - Siegen : 0 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Castellon : 1 - 1
- Eibar - Valladolid : 0 - 1
- Elche - Xerez : 1 - 0
- Gimnastic - Almeria : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- AEK - Xanthi : 0 - 0
- Akratitos - Atromitos : 0 - 2
- Egaleo - Panionios : 0 - 3
- Larisa - Panathinaikos : 0 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- T.I. - What You Know
- Mary J. Blige - Be Without You
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Shawnna - Gettin' Some
- Kirk Franklin - Looking For You
- Gimme That - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne
- Enough Cryin - Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn
- Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It - Dem Franchize Boyz Featuring Lil Peanut & Charlay
- Busta Rhymes - Touch It
- Avant - 4 Minutes
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?