Monday 8 May 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ask a Bag Pirate: The Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing City Life or Bomberman PSP.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 2006 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
- Iain Macmillan: Scottish photographer and educator (d. 2006).
- Former South African deputy president Jacob Zuma is acquitted of a rape charge the judge rules that a sexual encounter with a 31-year old HIV-positive woman was consensual. (Guardian)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad writes to United States President George W. Bush. This marks the first time in 27 years that an Iranian President has written to a U.S. President. (CBC)
- The Italian parliament starts to vote in order to elect the successor of Carlo Azeglio Ciampi as President of the Italian Republic. Gianni Letta leads after the first round of balloting. (BBC)
- Judgement is given in London for Apple Computer in a high-profile trademark suit brought by The Beatles' company, Apple Corps. (Reuters)
- A Historic Election is about to take place in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Where two major parties AIADMK and DMK are contesting to capture the power.
- Sony unveils its Play Station 3 game console, and makes an embarrassing impression in its E3 presentation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?