Friday 12 May 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Beach Road by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ask a Bag Pirate: The Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception or Wii Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 12 May 2006 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 May
- Hussein Maziq: Prime Minister of Libya (Born 1918).
- Mass unrest by the Primeiro Comando da Capital begins in Sao Paulo (Brazil), leaving at least 150 dead.
- Iranian Azeris interpret a cartoon published in an Iranian magazine as insulting, resulting in massive riots throughout the country.
- Eight bombs explode in a coordinated strike in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa. Three people are killed and 48 are wounded. No group has yet claimed responsibility. (AP)
- 200 people are killed in an oil blast in Ilado, Nigeria. (BBC)
- Cloning scientist Hwang Woo-Suk is indicted for fraud, embezzlement and violation of bioethics law in a scandal in South Korea over his faked stem cell research. (CNN)
- Yoweri Museveni takes his oath of office for a third consecutive term as President of Uganda.
- 21 people are killed in an Egyptian bus crash. (BBC)
- The U.S. FBI raids the home of Kyle ampquotDustyampquot Foggo, outgoing number three man at the CIA, in an investigation into political corruption, including the use of prostitutes and bribery in connection with lobbyist Brent Wilkes, revealed to be the ampquotno. 1 unindicted co-conspiratorampquot in the Randy ampquotDukeampquot Cunningham scandal. ( Bloomberg.com)
- Justin Gatlin breaks the world record in the 100 meter dash with a time of 9.76 seconds. (ABC)
- Time Warner takes full control of Court TV Networks from Liberty Media.
- First reported instances of the Year 2038 problem strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 May 2006
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Chateauroux : 1 - 4
- Caen - Creteil : 3 - 1
- Dijon - Valenciennes : 2 - 0
- Grenoble - Amiens : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?