Thursday 2 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Sinclair and Ron Meagher.
The Devil and Daniel Webster, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1941 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- John Sinclair: American social activist, an advocate of marijuana reform and manager of the 60s hard rock band, the MC5.
- Ron Meagher: Rocker.
- Zareh Baronian: Armenian theologian.
- Diana Hendry: English poet and author.
- 6 Paris synagogues are bombed by Gestapo
- Germans launch attack on Moscow
- World War II: In Operation Typhoon, Germany begins an all-out offensive against Moscow.