Thursday 2 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Sinclair and Ron Meagher.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 October 1941 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- John Sinclair: American social activist, an advocate of marijuana reform and manager of the 60s hard rock band, the MC5.
- Ron Meagher: Rocker.
- Zareh Baronian: Armenian theologian.
- Diana Hendry: English poet and author.
- 6 Paris synagogues are bombed by Gestapo
- Germans launch attack on Moscow
- World War II: In Operation Typhoon, Germany begins an all-out offensive against Moscow.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?