Thursday 2 October 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Luttrell and Shirley Clarke.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1919 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Geoffrey Luttrell: Lord-Lt of Somerset.
- Shirley Clarke: Film director.
- John Duarte: English guitarist and composer (d. 2004).
- Jan Flinterman: Dutch race car driver and pilot (d. 1992).
- President Woodrow Wilson has a stroke, leaving him partially paralyzed
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson suffers a massive stroke, leaving him partially paralyzed.
- President of the United States Woodrow Wilson suffers a serious stroke, rendering him an invalid through the end of his life - in 1924.