Tuesday 3 April 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Schacher in Owosso and Brendan Barber.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1951 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Mel Schacher in Owosso: Michigan, USA; bassist (Grand Funk Railroad - "Some Kind of Wonderful").
- Brendan Barber: English trade union leader.
- Annette Dolphin: British academician and educator.
- Danny Padilla: American bodybuilder.
- Mitch Woods: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Johannes C Kielstra: Dutch economist/Governor (Suriname 1933-44), dies at age 72.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 April 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?