Monday 16 April 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Carmody and John Bentley.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Rommel, The Desert Fox by Desmond Young was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 April 1951 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Don Carmody
- John Bentley: Rocker.
- Ioan Mihai Cochinescu: Romanian writer and photographer.
- Bjorgvin Halldorsson: Icelandic singer.
- Mordechai Ben David: American Yiddish singer.
- Éric Kristy: French novelist and television screenwriter.
- Ioan Cochinescu: Romanian author and photographer.
- Mordechai David: American singer-songwriter.
- Björgvin Halldórsson: Icelandic singer.
- M Narayana: Indian actor and director (d. 2015).
- David Nutt: English psychiatrist and academic.
- Emile Erens: Dutch hagiographer (Pastor of Ars), dies at 85.
- British submarine Affray sank in English Channel, killing 75
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?