Wednesday 11 April 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robbie House and James Patrick Kelly.
Circle of Danger, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Circuit Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1951 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- James Patrick Kelly: American author.
- Robbie House: rocker (Snuff).
- Tracy Gary: American philanthropist and donor activist for more than 25 years as of 2003.
- Jim Holton
- Doris Angleton: American murder victim (d. 1997).
- Paul Fox: English musician and singer (The Ruts) (Born 1951).
- James Kelly: American author and academic.
- President Truman fires General Douglas McArthur
- American President Harry Truman fires General Douglas McArthur.
- Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, is found on the site of the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?