Wednesday 18 April 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ricardo Fortaleza and Pierre Pettigrew.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1951 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Ricardo Fortaleza: Australian-Filipino boxer and coach.
- Pierre Pettigrew: Canadian businessman and politician 5th Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Antonio Oscar Carmona: 97th Prime Minister of Portugal and 11th President of Portugal (Born 1869).
- Make a Wish opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 102 performances
- New York Yankee Mickey Mantle goes 1-for-4 in his 1st game
- France, West Germany and Benelux form European Steel and Coal Community.
- Dutch Antilles government of Da Costa Gomez forms.
- The Treaty of Paris (1951) is adopted, establishing the European Coal and Steel Community.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?