Friday 20 April 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luther Vandross and Geraint Wyn Davies.
The Thing from Another World, directed by Christian Nyby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Boswell'S London Journal by Frederick A. Pottle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching AMC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 April 1951 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Luther Vandross: R&B Singer.
- Geraint Wyn Davies: Wales, United Kingdom -- Actor (Bury Me in Niagara, High Hopes).
- Luther Vandross in the Bronx: New York, USA; rock vocalist ("Here and Now", "Never Too Much").
- Louise Jameson: English actress and educator.
- Ivanoe Bonomi: Italian teacher, lawyer, government official and editor.
- Velsen city council demands investigation of police collaborators
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak Atoll.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Young - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Mario Lanza - The Loveliest Night Of The Year
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?