Tuesday 3 August 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert De Troy and Patrick Peugeot.
Souls at Sea, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1937 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Robert De Troy: French restaurateur and sommelier who housed 120 000 bottles of wine in his Michelin-starred "Le Chanzy" restaurant.
- Patrick Peugeot: French senior official and business leader.
- Diane Wakoski: American poet and essayist, best known for a series of poems collectively known as "The Motorcycle Betrayal Poems.
- Steven Berkoff: English actor director and playwright.
- Roland Burris: American lawyer and politician 39th Illinois Attorney General.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?