Saturday 14 August 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Fenelly .
The Life of Emile Zola, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1937 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Sapper: British soldier / Novelist (Bull-Dog Drummond), dies at 48.
- China declares war on Japan
- Detroit Tigers score 36 runs in double header versus Saint Louis Browns.
- Chinese Air Force Day: The beginning of air-to-air combat of the Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II in general, when 6 Imperial Japanese Mitsubishi G3M bombers are shot down by the Nationalist Chinese Air Force while raiding Chinese air bases.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?