Friday 20 August 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corrie E Moret-de Jong and Ronnie Browne.
Dead End, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1937 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Corrie E Moret-de Jong: Dutch MP (CDA).
- Ronnie Browne: Scottish musician, singer, teacher and portrait-painter.
- Bobby Smith: American athlete, a basketball player drafted by the Minneapolis Lakers on 31 March 1959.
- George Thoma: German ski champion and winner of the cross country in the 1960 Olympics.
- Jim Bowen: English television host.
- Stelvio Cipriani: Italian composer
- El Fary: Spanish singer and actor (d. 2007)
- Andrei Konchalovsky: Russian director producer and screenwriter
- Sky Saxon: American singer-songwriter and bassist (The Seeds) (d. 2009)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?