Monday 3 August 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Bishop and Edward Petherbridge.
Sing, Baby, Sing, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1936 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Famous Birthdays:03 August
- Jesse Owens wins the 100 meter dash, defeating Ralph Metcalfe, at the Berlin Olympics.
- Rainey Bethea was hanged in Owensboro, Kentucky, in the last public execution in the United States
- 1936 Summer Olympics: The United States men's national basketball team wins the first Olympic basketball tournament in the final game over Canada, 19–8.