Wednesday 18 August 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William George Rushton and Robert Redford in California.
Dead End, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1937 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- William George Rushton: London, England -- Actor / author / cartoonist (TW3).
- Robert Redford in California: USA; actor (The Sting, The Candidate, The Natural, The Great Gatsby).
- Morten Krohg: Norwegian painter and graphic artist.
- Sheila Cassidy: English physician and author.
- 1st FM radio construction permit issued (W1X0J (WGTR) in Boston, Massachusetts)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?