Saturday 28 August 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Béranger and 12th Duke of Argyll.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 August 1937 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- François Béranger
- 12th Duke of Argyll: Scottish Campbell-captain / large landowner.
- Amos McMullian: American executive and CEO of Flowers Industries, a wholesale bakery line.
- Toyota Motors becomes an independent company.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?