Saturday 28 August 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include 12th Duke of Argyll and Amos McMullian.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1937 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- 12th Duke of Argyll: Scottish Campbell-captain / large landowner.
- Amos McMullian: American executive and CEO of Flowers Industries, a wholesale bakery line.
- Toyota Motors becomes an independent company.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?