Monday 3 June 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie O'Neal and Samantha Sprackling.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Swimmer, directed by Frank Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Right People by Stephen Birmingham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1968 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Jamie O'Neal: American singer.
- Samantha Sprackling: Nigerian singer.
- Saffron : Nigerian singer and dancer (Republica and N-Joi).
- Canada announces it will replace silver with nickel in coins
- Poor Peoples March on Washington
- Yanks turn 21st triple-play in their history lose 4-3 to Twins
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?