Sunday 3 May 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aldo Rossi and Tom Sutherland.
M, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1931 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Aldo Rossi: Italian architect (Born 1931).
- Tom Sutherland: Scottish-American Dean of Agriculture at the American University at Beirut who was taken hostage by terrorists in the mid-East hostage crisis.
- Martha Grimes: Writer.
- Joseph Lichtman Layton: Dancer.
- Vasily Rudenkov: Belarusian hammer thrower (d. 1982).