Thursday 14 May 1931US date format: 5/14/1931, UK date format: 14/5/1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Simmons and Alvin Augustus Lucier Jr.
Svengali, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1931 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Harold Simmons: Businessman.
- Alvin Augustus Lucier Jr: Composer.
- Alvin Lucier: American composer and academic.
- Denys Finch Hatton: English big-game hunter (Born 1887).
- Adalen shootings: five people are killed in Adalen, Sweden, as soldiers open fire on an unarmed trade union demonstration.